• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing my carriage belt (310) - what else should I check/replace?

kcorcoran

Finally getting around to replacing the broken carriage belt on this used 310 I picked up as I was told it was printing before it broke.

I pulled all the print area platen pieces to clean the vacuum holes.. most were ok but ones on the ends were plugged up. In the vacuum channels there was black fiber 'dust bunnies' some plugging some of the larger vacuum holes on the ends. Got those all vacuumed out.

With the amount of stuff I found in the channels does it make sense to pull the vacuum fan assembly and make sure that's not clogged up or it that not something that happens?

I ordered lubricating felts. Do I need to do anything to these or put 'em in dry?

If there anything else I should clean or check or replace as preventative while I have this apart?

Also, longshot, if there's anyone who might have a set of some recently expired printheads as long as they aren't clogged, dried out I'd pay for shipping to AZ for them.
I have a set I'm going to try to reclaim, I just didn't want to spring for a new set until I know the printer actually works. I'm a disabled vet trying to start a small biz on bit of a shoestring budget so gambling $1000 on a new set is something I'd like to avoid if possible.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

cornholio

Look at the trailing cables(one for power, one for data) going to the print carriage. At a certain age (scan cycles), this cable starts to fray(if you see the shielding through the insulation, replace it)... inspect it.

kcorcoran

Look at the trailing cables(one for power, one for data) going to the print carriage. At a certain age (scan cycles), this cable starts to fray(if you see the shielding through the insulation, replace it)... inspect it.

Great thanks. I'll check it out.