• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reprint for free?

2B

"Looks good" *thumbs up* "love it" and any variation of this means nothing to me, I would restate the question, "please reply with 'approved' if you want to proceed other wise your project will be on hold until I have clear approval." We do not produce anything- or even order materials without approval. It's just a waste of time and money in my experience.

Just set rules and expectations correctly.

We do exactly the same thing. NOTHING is started until APPROVED is received for EACH process stage.
Any other variation and the order will be placed on hold, regardless of how the communication is being handled (in person, fax, e-mail, text, FB, etc...)

Recently had a repeat customer (So they know our 3 step process, 1. QUOTE, 2. DIGITAL PROOF, 3. PRODUCTION) send us details on the new order, we start the process and did a quote. Sent the Quote, they replied "OKAY"
Keep in mind this customer is very demanding / expectant, They then show up about a week later to pick up the products. They find out nothing had been made or even proofed. They went LIVID!!! got an earful on how unprofessional and they are a "loyal" customer, and we caused them to miss their event. BARF BARF BARF

Come to find out they gave the wrong specs and would have caused more damage if they held the event with the wrong products.
But it was "OUR" fault because we didn't make the products once they said "OKAY"

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We do exactly the same thing. NOTHING is started until APPROVED is received for EACH process stage.
Any other variation and the order will be placed on hold, regardless of how the communication is being handled (in person, fax, e-mail, text, FB, etc...)

Recently had a repeat customer (So they know our 3 step process, 1. QUOTE, 2. DIGITAL PROOF, 3. PRODUCTION) send us details on the new order, we start the process and did a quote. Sent the Quote, they replied "OKAY"
Keep in mind this customer is very demanding / expectant, They then show up about a week later to pick up the products. They find out nothing had been made or even proofed. They went LIVID!!! got an earful on how unprofessional and they are a "loyal" customer, and we caused them to miss their event. BARF BARF BARF

Come to find out they gave the wrong specs and would have caused more damage if they held the event with the wrong products.
But it was "OUR" fault because we didn't make the products once they said "OKAY"
Did yall send a proof after the "okay" or just leave it and not respond?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Update: I ate the cost and when he picked up the order Tuesday, these were his words (pretty close), "I feel really bad about this, I can't help but think this was my fault after I thought about it, I did say it was OK to print. I'm really sorry, I should have looked at it closer." I said, I appreciate you saying that, next time let's email instead of texting and FBing. If it's not personal, I would prefer you text or message me during business hours so I can make notes, etc. - He was totally not the a-hole I was expecting him to be, like he was on the phone.

Was it the right thing to do? I'm not sure but like someone said...it's not that much to eat so get over it and move on. - Which is odd for me because usually I like beating dead horses LOL

DPD

Update: I ate the cost and when he picked up the order Tuesday, these were his words (pretty close), "I feel really bad about this, I can't help but think this was my fault after I thought about it, I did say it was OK to print. I'm really sorry, I should have looked at it closer." I said, I appreciate you saying that, next time let's email instead of texting and FBing. If it's not personal, I would prefer you text or message me during business hours so I can make notes, etc. - He was totally not the a-hole I was expecting him to be, like he was on the phone.

Was it the right thing to do? I'm not sure but like someone said...it's not that much to eat so get over it and move on. - Which is odd for me because usually I like beating dead horses LOL
If it made you feel good then it wasn't the wrong thing to do.

2B

Did yall send a proof after the "okay" or just leave it and not respond?

No, the order was on hold after getting "OKAY"

We sent a reminder about the quote status. Here is the exact reminder sent
Please remember to reply with "APPROVED" to move this project forward into the proofing process

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I dont want to sound disrespectful to you, and probably others agree with you... but if I got "OK" after a quote I would think they want to move forward. At the least immediately reply back asking for clarification. Sometimes people just reply back "thanks" and then I say "you're welcome, you ready to move forward?"

He is an idiot for not responding to your follow up email though

Last edited: