• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Researching new flatbeds

SignGreg

We are researching new flatbed printers, true flatbed, to replace a Colorspan 72uvx, which has proven to be a complete nightmare. With the HP purchase of Colorspan, the nightmare only got infinitely worse.

We have been looking at the Rastek T1000. Planning to go to SGIA and see the works. Will not consider anything HP.

Need very smooth coverage (no banding at close view), good adhesion to acrylic and styrene, and a nice white. We don't need the fastest machine, but production is part of the formula. Any experience shared is greatly appreciated.

particleman

Find some people who have the t1000 and are happy with it. We demoed one and was very unimpressed. Oce and cet would be my two close pics to check out at the show.

artbot

i read in an article that and efi rep was tossed out of a trade show telling a client of his that he would sell a rastek based efi to "his worst enemy". they may have gotten the goblins out of this line by now. but why risk it? unless they are giving them away. when you have a handful of models that owners love and swear by.

ForgeInc

Actually, it honestly sounds like you need an HP FB machine. We have a 700fb, and it has an excellent white, great DPI/output quality, and haven't personally had any major problems with it, though we are lucky in that our reseller is local and services the machine very quickly should we ever have problems.

I know you mentioned you are set against HP, but we did tons of research and for the money, I feel we got a quality printer with high quality output, though not the fastest by far. The white feature prints great out the gate, very opaque. That said, if you are printing white at high quality, it's pretty darn slow. Also, it take about 2 hours to swtich from 6 color to 4c + white, both ways.

In a week or so there's gonna be a feature about us and our purchase of this machine and specifically it's white feature in Digital Output magazine. Watch for it online starting Oct.

Any questions feel free to ask (or search) we've been running it for about 6 months and were a fairly new adopter.