• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RESTARTED THE PRINTER AND GOT THE SCAN MOTOR ERROR 0080-0080

Rayg

MY BACK UP BATTERY POWER PACK WENT DEAD on my roland sol-jet sc=540.Machine was dormant for about 3 days, before I REPLACED THE BACK-UP BATTERY PWER PACK.

RESTARTED THE PRINTER AND GOT THE SCAN MOTOR ERROR 0080-0080. Tried to enter the service code by turning off the front power switch first, but the front power does not power off. It just recycles back to 0080. Solutions welcomed. Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a scan motor over current error. First thing to check is if something is jamming the motor or head carriage from moving properly. With the machine off, unlock the head and push it back and forth. See if you can feel any weird resistance or if it jams in a certain place. You may need to clean and grease the rail the head slides on because this specific error means there is a constant small over current which could just be too much drag on the rail. The bearings in the pulley system could be bad as well.

After that, clean the encoder strip and sensor. Once it's clean I would run an encoder setup, calibration and then environmental match. If any of those fail, you will need to replace the strip and/or sensor. To get into service mode make sure the printer is completely powered off, wait a couple minutes and then turn just the back power switch on before performing the code. If the machine doesn't allow you to do any of that, you might need to run the limit position initialization.

Rayg

That's a scan motor over current error. First thing to check is if something is jamming the motor or head carriage from moving properly. With the machine off, unlock the head and push it back and forth. See if you can feel any weird resistance or if it jams in a certain place. You may need to clean and grease the rail the head slides on because this specific error means there is a constant small over current which could just be too much drag on the rail. The bearings in the pulley system could be bad as well.

After that, clean the encoder strip and sensor. Once it's clean I would run an encoder setup, calibration and then environmental match. If any of those fail, you will need to replace the strip and/or sensor. To get into service mode make sure the printer is completely powered off, wait a couple minutes and then turn just the back power switch on before performing the code. If the machine doesn't allow you to do any of that, you might need to run the limit position initialization.
Motor head and carriage move freely. Encoder strip and rail cleaned. How do I run an encoder setup? Can't get passed the Service Mode Protected.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
To get into service mode:

Back power needs to e on and front off. Nothing should be lit up. Press these buttons in order: down, right, left, up, right, down left and the press and hold left, down and right at the same time while powering on with the front switch. You need to do all of that within about 5 seconds so you might no get it on the first try. Once in service mode, when you hit the menu button the first option should be Service Mode Menu. Enter into that and then scroll down until you see encoder setup. From there just run that function and it should walk you through. The encoder calibration is in the same Service menu.

Rayg

To get into service mode:

Back power needs to e on and front off. Nothing should be lit up. Press these buttons in order: down, right, left, up, right, down left and the press and hold left, down and right at the same time while powering on with the front switch. You need to do all of that within about 5 seconds so you might no get it on the first try. Once in service mode, when you hit the menu button the first option should be Service Mode Menu. Enter into that and then scroll down until you see encoder setup. From there just run that function and it should walk you through. The encoder calibration is in the same Service menu.

All the above guidance worked to enter service mode. Ran through the menu no "encoder set-up". Only" linear encoder & Linear Calibration" is what came up.
So checked each one resulted in "Service call 0105"

Rayg

All the above guidance worked to enter service mode. Ran through the menu no "encoder set-up". Only" linear encoder & Linear Calibration" is what came up.
Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

The 0105 error code means the tool carriage is having trouble connecting to the printer carriage. I would run the limit position initialization first.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I can't give out Roland service manuals but search Signs101 and you will find someone who can. In the manual it will walk you through the process.

Berty

Good day everyone, I’ve searched and all I’ve found was here… I have a new model flatbed Roland LEC2 640 UV printer, first when I’ve tried to print something started to give 0020 error, I’ve tried cleaning the rail as somebody suggested and after that I’ve greased the printhead rail, after that started to give 0080 error…Is anyone who can help me, or anyone who can give me Roland service manual?
Pls help!

Attachments

• IMG_5607.jpeg
    IMG_5607.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

damonCA21

The manual won't really help. If the carriages are moving nice and freely, then replacing the motor is the next step.