• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

retractable banner stand question

signwizz

i just purchased my first banner stand it is 36"x72" so my question is what size do u print the image do u leave extra on the bottom or is 72 the total size or print size
thanx shane

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
i just purchased my first banner stand it is 36"x72" so my question is what size do u print the image do u leave extra on the bottom or is 72 the total size or print size
thanx shane

Each banner stand/retractor/whatever is different.

There should be specifications for the actual print size included with the hardware. If not inquire where you got it.

If you can't get the information from the source then just figure it out. It's just a bit of common sense and simple arithmetic. For a retracter the lead necessary for the bottom should be roughly the distance from the bottom of the banner when it's normally extended and the bottom when the mechanism is fully extended and the keeper key is inserted. Extra material for the top, if any at all, should be obvious.

10sacer

Give us the manufacturer and the model.

Most have a 6" - 8" leader at the bottom.

Does it attach with velcro, tape or a clamping system at the bottom?

it has to have a "bleed" at the bottom. we do retractable banners stands and all of them has a "bleed" at the bottom. can be from 5"-8" depending on make/model etc. also some you just use double sided banner tape on and other you have a clasp system to hold in place..........again, depends on make/model. you can request a template from the supplier you got it from.

signwizz

its made by imax and its the economy one called supplier and they say it doesnt require one but they r not sure lol!!! it is double sidded tape on both the lead and end peice

dsmskyline

Most of the banner stands I do are telescopic. I always make sure there is at least an additional 8" at the bottom of the finished size. Hate to have the customer pull it out to far and have white exposed.

We primarily use Orbus stands. Pretty decent stands for the price.

Excel

Most retractable banner stands will take anything form 0'-6" without any problem, if you leave 0'" you will most likely see the white space at the bottom if you leave more than 6" then the spring may not retract full and you will have a baggy graphic