• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retractable banner stands with velcro leader

RMarshall

I just spent way too long peeling the old graphic off the leader of a clients old retractable banner stand and now everything is covered in a delightful film mixture of RapidRemover and adhesive residue :toasting:

I know some suppliers offer models that have velcro leaders instead of adhesive ones,
is it possible to just use velcro instead of adhesive when applying the replacement graphic?

I haven't dealt with one personally yet so I wasn't sure if the velcro was sewn into the leader or something that would make it stronger than just velcro tape.

Jason Thomas

Many of the retractable stands, especially the economy ones are only meant to be used once. One of the work arounds is to just cut the banner off right where it butts to the leader's adhesive strip, then just clear tape your new banner over it. Since the height of the banner is determined by the pole in the back, you will never see the ugly leader that you taped to.

RMarshall

Yeah, I usually just put a new layer of banner tape on top of whatever is left and only cut it off if I know the leader is long enough.

I was mainly curious if I could use regular old hook and loop tape instead of trying to convince clients to buy a whole new stand.
Especially when they like to drop the stand off a few days before an event with no time for ordering a new one.

As fun as it is to imagine the velcro coming undone while the stand is being used that's not a lawsuit I feel like dealing with lol

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
There are different ones out there that allow the graphics to be changed out easily. These utilize a snap bar at the top and bottom.

For those that bring us the taped on leader type…..we get whole new ones for them. By the time you mess around taking them apart, clean adhesive, print the graphic and reassemble I feel we are more efficient just getting new ones.

Why spend 1/2 - 1 hour messing around with these? When you can make just as much money getting new ones (with graphic).

I use to stock stands but not any more. Easy to sub out and make $$