• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Rewinding material on another roll

joelswork

Hey Guys...I'm cutting a lot of weird material (that's my thing) but this has a silicone coating on the face. I don't have a machine with a take up rollers and this stuff won't slide against itself. I can't rewind it without it looking like a kid who unrolled the TP roll and tried to reroll the whole thing. Advice please

joelswork

I have a 60' long roll of material that needs to be rewound onto a new core. It won't go straight and normally, you just go a few layers, straighten the sides up and pull it tight...this stuff wont slide and wont pull tight because of the tackiness of the silicone coating....it's weird, but that's kinda what I do.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have a 60' long roll of material that needs to be rewound onto a new core. It won't go straight and normally, you just go a few layers, straighten the sides up and pull it tight...this stuff wont slide and wont pull tight because of the tackiness of the silicone coating....it's weird, but that's kinda what I do.

Is it the whole roll? or how many yards is it?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
If you can find a partner, try rolling it with the core vertical. One of you holds that and keeps it rolling straight, and the other person holds the material to be rolled. Kind of like folding a big blanket, but without the folding.