• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rgb, cmyk, lab

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
colors...and HP315.
So, it's a latex printer. and the colors are off. We are creating artwork in coreldraw and it prints a different color. I'm having to manually change the color when I get it into flexi. this seemed to just start happening.
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
What is Lab colors anyway?
Thanks,
G

Bess Rebel

You can convert all the colors to CMYK in Corel before saving as a PDF. Should keep them relatively stable when importing into flexi.

jimmmi

The best thing you can do is buy a spectrophotometer, calibrate your monitor, and also make custom icc for your media with your 315 as it doesn't have one onboard like bigger models. This way you are gonna have bigger consistency between monitor and printer

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
The best thing you can do is buy a spectrophotometer, calibrate your monitor, and also make custom icc for your media with your 315 as it doesn't have one onboard like bigger models. This way you are gonna have bigger consistency between monitor and printer
where do i get one of those spectrophotometers?

Andy D

It sounds like the color options when exporting from Corel Draw had been changed.
If it was exporting as RGB and it switched to CMYK, or vice versa, that can make a huge difference.

2B

Printers print in CMYK, paper, vinyl, etc.
in this case, the 315 is a CMYKLcLm configuration

You need to "design" with the colors you will print in.

When you export, make sure you are exporting as CMYK
this is VERY important when sending digital proofs a customer sees a color on a screen, they want THAT color

the "budget" way to do colors is to print a CMYK color chart on several different media that you use (Banner, Calendar, Cast, Transparent, Etc...)

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Printers print in CMYK, paper, vinyl, etc.
in this case, the 315 is a CMYKLcLm configuration

You need to "design" with the colors you will print in.

When you export, make sure you are exporting as CMYK
this is VERY important when sending digital proofs a customer sees a color on a screen, they want THAT color

the "budget" way to do colors is to print a CMYK color chart on several different media that you use (Banner, Calendar, Cast, Transparent, Etc...)

Everything you need is in this kit.
It sounds like the color options when exporting from Corel Draw had been changed.
If it was exporting as RGB and it switched to CMYK, or vice versa, that can make a huge difference.
How do I get it to export and import in the same color? Why does it change values? I noticed that when I exported a graphic in corel, I had written down the values of the colors. When I imported into flexi, the values had changed....Is it a communication problem?