• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ricoh GEN 5 printheads - magenta lines

wwtrade

Hello.

I have a problem with a UV printer with Ricoh GEN 5 printheads.

Whatever I print, I also find magenta lines.

The nozzle check looks acceptable
I wiped the encoder tape.

Has anyone had this problem? and did he manage to find out what is the cause but also the solution?

Attachments

• 224a13c9-f755-40bf-8351-f993a0ae495f.jpg
    224a13c9-f755-40bf-8351-f993a0ae495f.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 473

GC Decor

Super Printer
Do you have a picture of the condition of the magenta head ??
Did you try to make adjustments to the head voltage ?? I only had to play with mine ever so slightly to correct miss fire issues.

wwtrade

Do you have a picture of the condition of the magenta head ??
Did you try to make adjustments to the head voltage ?? I only had to play with mine ever so slightly to correct miss fire issues.

Attachments

• 60c093.jpg
    60c093.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 224

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Usually it's an electronic problem.
Power off printer and try reseating cables on head and board above then power up and try.
A 2nd way to diagnose is to power off, switch cables between magenta and another head then power up.
Do a nozzle print and heads will not print in the right locations but if you still have a magenta line that's firing it's a head problem.
If line changes to a different color, it's an electronic problem above the head. Could be cable, board, etc.
Bruce

wwtrade

Power off printer and try reseating cables on head and board above then power up and try.
A 2nd way to diagnose is to power off, switch cables between magenta and another head then power up.
Do a nozzle print and heads will not print in the right locations but if you still have a magenta line that's firing it's a head problem.
If line changes to a different color, it's an electronic problem above the head. Could be cable, board, etc.
Bruce
Thanks for your time. I'll try to do what you said

wwtrade

Bruce
Thank you again. I did what you said. these were the correct steps to identify the problem. it looks like the printhead has a problem :(