• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rip software for fuji acuity x2

KaranGrewal

Hello sign101 community, all you guys are doing great job help solving issues sign industry and new commers are facing. we are inprocess of buying new fuji x2 flatbed printer with white ink option. I m not very familer with rip software ( onyx x10 or wasatch ). so please help me choose which rip software will be better pick as my dealer offering both of them. he is telling me in wasatch rip its very easy to print white ink. but he didnt mention anything about custom color profiles or layout tool.

cwb143

I've never had the opportunity to use wasatch. But I do use Onyx 7 and 10.1
also you will need an EyeOne Spectrophotometer. This works really well in Onyx when color matching or creating your own color profiles. But like all the other software headaches You also have to purchase different licenses to use different features in the eye one. After all that you should get good consistent color with that printer.

swordguy3222

We use Colorgate with our Acuity and it works very well. Great profiles with i1 and when chasing color, the color Atlas feature makes it very simple and quick.

rfulford

ColorGate without a doubt for the Acuity. ColorGate has the best white ink handling I have ever seen. Additionally, the color management module in ColorGate is far superior to Onyx. Also, it is much easier to keep consistant color through ColorGate since is uses MDS (Media Device Syncronization) instead of relinearziation. MDS uses an iterative process to bring color back to the standard of the original profile. You can also create a profile for one media and use MDS to bring that media closer to another media to standardize your color. You can purchase ColorGate through sericol.

IronHawk

ColorGate without a doubt for the Acuity. ColorGate has the best white ink handling I have ever seen. Additionally, the color management module in ColorGate is far superior to Onyx. Also, it is much easier to keep consistant color through ColorGate since is uses MDS (Media Device Syncronization) instead of relinearziation. MDS uses an iterative process to bring color back to the standard of the original profile. You can also create a profile for one media and use MDS to bring that media closer to another media to standardize your color. You can purchase ColorGate through sericol.

:goodpost:

Our flatbed guy used ONYX to begin with but uses ColorGate now. He'll never go back to ONYX.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I use onyx X12.
Software wise, there's nothing i need it to do that it doesn't do. Also works really well with the fuji printer/oce arizona.
Colour managing wise. Everything up until the icc profile engine is brilliant. i just use different software and works well.