• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ripping trouble?

Knep

Well I aborted and sent a 1/2" square though and it went right though, I had some specialty fills in, Thinkin my CPU is just to OLD and outdated! Anyone have any suggestions for ripping bigger files?

genericname

Happens to me from time to time, and we're running a brand new RIP station. Could just be that the resulting file will be too large, or that there's some weirdness going on in the file that the RIP can't handle.

Try saving your file as another format (i.e. go from an EPS to a TIFF), and give it a whirl.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Knep, I had a similar problem very recently which we just solved. I've sent you an PM on the topic.

Any hints on what you did to fix it?
I have had a few files that would not rip running 8.6 on a 64bit win7 i7system with plenty of memory and h/d space

wayne k
guam usa

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Could be a few file related thing. Fills, masks, transparencies, cmyk bitmaps etc. can cause the rip to fail or hang.
Rasterize and flatten everything to simplify the file.