• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIVETED TRAILER

rjssigns

Cast. Is the trailer riveted or screwed? Cargo trailers usually use screws which I remove if it isn't a wrap.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would use cast but I'm in WI and so I don't take chances with intermediate. If it's screws, take them out and apply vinyl, then screw back in. I have painted them to match the vinyl or you can just leave them plain metal. If it's the smooth rivets then for sure use cast. Make sure you take into account the cost difference of cast vs. intermediate when you do the estimate. It takes a little practice going over the smooth rivets the first time so make sure you have enough material incase you mess up LOL (I know from experience)

rjssigns

So you don't remove the screw when it IS a wrap?? ::scratching my head::

No head scratching required. In my experience removing a complete line of screws creates more problems like "oil canning". Once those screws are removed the panel is able to move as you try to squeegee the material. Especially on the cargo trailers that have been overloaded their whole life and the skin is stress rippled.

For partial graphics I will take them out since the integrity of the panel is maintained.

My methods have worked for nearly three decades. YMMV

Stacey K

I like making signs
No head scratching required. In my experience removing a complete line of screws creates more problems like "oil canning". Once those screws are removed the panel is able to move as you try to squeegee the material. Especially on the cargo trailers that have been overloaded their whole life and the skin is stress rippled.

For partial graphics I will take them out since the integrity of the panel is maintained.

My methods have worked for nearly three decades. YMMV
Ya - that's a good point. Don't take all the screws out for a wrap, only partial graphics. Good thing you chimed in! LOL