• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RJ-900x issues

JustASC

Hello!

I hope I'm posting in the correct area. My printer is used for dye sublimation printing, though, so I'm assuming this is as good a place as any.

I recently had to replace the printhead on my RJ-900x printer. The mechanics of that are fine, but I've been told I have to fill in the rank numbers. I attempted to do so, but there are 5 rows of numbers on the sticker of the machine, and only 3 rows on the program.

In addition, one of the numbers in the third row cannot be changed at all which means it doesn't correspond to the number/letter on the third row on the sticker. When I press enter afterwards, I get an error. I tried using the numbers of one of the remaining rows that has the same number as the one I can't change, but it doesn't work.

So, I shut the printer off and turned it on normally, and after a few flushes, the nozzle check is perfect. However, when I try to print the palette colour check, it only prints black. I don't know if that's due to my attempt to fill in the rank numbers.

If it is, how do I fill those in correctly when it will only take 3 of 5 rows and when one of the numbers in third row can't be changed?

And if not, what could be causing this issue? As stated, the nozzle check is perfect, with all four colours. I just can't print them otherwise.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

- Alex

JustASC

Okay...I figured out the rank number issue and they're now filled in correctly. Sadly that was not the cause of my printer only printing black. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have a picture of the nozzle check and pallet? Which order are the colors on the nozzle check? I'm thinking maybe the colors didn't get put back in the right place.

JustASC

You have a picture of the nozzle check and pallet? Which order are the colors on the nozzle check? I'm thinking maybe the colors didn't get put back in the right place.

They're in the same place they've always been...but here's the nozzle check with all four colours, and the palette check with only one:
RJ-900x_Nozzle-Check.JPG
RJ-900x_Palette-Check.JPG