• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Road sign pricing help

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Gonna submit a nudge to the local property owner's association that maintains the roads here (all private so less red tape to deal with :cool: ). Can anyone give me a ballpark pricing rang for standard street name signs? I can figure out my costs/markup etc, but I'd like to know if I should even bother with the efforts before I do the legwork with them and also not potentially leave money on the table.

Comments/concerns/smart-ass remarks welcome!

John Miller

Quote it, make sure your covered. If it feels right, add 10 or 20%. Don’t worry about what someone else is charging, they have their own expenses, you need to quote based on yours.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
How many?
Got some specs? Thick aluminum with reflective lettering?
Wood carved with gold lettering?

Need more details…

VizualVoice

How many?
Got some specs? Thick aluminum with reflective lettering?
Wood carved with gold lettering?

Need more details…
sorry aluminum reflective. like standard street name at the top of the post on every corner except these are reversed color (white with green lettering) because it's private roads. I'd likely buy the reflective blanks from grimco or whomever and cut/apply the reflective lettering myself out of the appropriate material. At least that's where my head is at thus far.

Superior_Adam

sorry aluminum reflective. like standard street name at the top of the post on every corner except these are reversed color (white with green lettering) because it's private roads. I'd likely buy the reflective blanks from grimco or whomever and cut/apply the reflective lettering myself out of the appropriate material. At least that's where my head is at thus far.
If your using their blanks figure out the cost of the blank and material and add in what you want to make on the job. Everyone's overhead is different.

VizualVoice

If your using their blanks figure out the cost of the blank and material and add in what you want to make on the job. Everyone's overhead is different.
you obviously skipped the bit where I said I knew to do that part and went straight to the end where I solicited smart-assed remarks :big laugh: