• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN-20 and versa works

lasobotka

I had my Windows XP crash on me and now I am trying to install versa works and my printer to a Windows 7. Versa works installs fine but it is not detecting the printer. I have a Roland BN-20 and the copyright of versa works is 2004 2008. I am new to having a printer, I am not sure if I need to install something for the printer also, printer is connected by a usb? or if my versa works needs to be updated or what?

lasobotka

Thank you, I did update and my printer is communicated now. I have the BN-20 Utility on my computer but everything is blank on it. I am not getting it to show me my ink levels etc.

Ragnabrok

bn-20 might have to be "on" for it to work, failing that try a different USB port. Not sure if the downloaded BN-20 utility comes with the driver, so you might need that as well.

lasobotka

I have checked all the things that you mentioned and I am asking it to test print and it acts like its going too print but it doesn't. I am assuming that's because my utility is not working correctly?

Ragnabrok

hard to say, there isn't a lot of options in the utulity. Is media loaded in the bn-20? i cant remember if there is a specific load media button or if it jus does it as the pinch rollers are engaged.

lasobotka

Mine just does it as the pinch rollers are engaged. My ink waste was at 90% before my other computer crashed so I am going to change that out and see if that makes a difference. I can still see my ink levels in Versaworks the one thing I used my utility for was manual cleanings and also error messages.

mleg1972

I had my Windows XP crash on me and now I am trying to install versa works and my printer to a Windows 7. Versa works installs fine but it is not detecting the printer. I have a Roland BN-20 and the copyright of versa works is 2004 2008. I am new to having a printer, I am not sure if I need to install something for the printer also, printer is connected by a usb? or if my versa works needs to be updated or what?
If your copy of VW is older, it may not support the BN20. Go to the start menu,find the Roland VersaWorks folder and perform online update. Also, being a USB printer, make sure no other USB printers are connected when you try to verify in VW

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk