• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN2 - Can you set up a timer to print once a day while I'm away?

Stickerman

Hi,

Currently looking at purchasing a BN2 and while it's desperately needed for my business, it obviously can't be left for long periods of time without printing.

So is there a software, or any settings on Versaworks that has a timing that makes the printer print a file once per day at a certain time so the printheads don't dry up?

Otherwise I'll have to pay someone to enter the office and press print once a day, because I won't have the capability or the time to remote desktop into the office and print remotely.

Any help, greatly appreciated, and I am not unaware of how ridiculous this sounds.

Stickerman

Okay thank you for the information, there are some unnecessary fear-inducing articles out there regarding not printing for three days.

ikarasu

3 days is fine.... You think no shop has weekends?

It's when you leave it sitting for a week, multiple times a year. And it's not like it breaks all at once, it slowly degrades.... So if you're just going away for a few days, it'll run its own cleaning and be fine. Even if you're gone for 2 weeks once in awhile, it'll be fine

damonCA21

Okay thank you for the information, there are some unnecessary fear-inducing articles out there regarding not printing for three days.

While it is better for a printer to print every day, they can be left for short periods as long as they are left plugged in so the cleaning cycles can run. Most problems are caused when people leave printers unpowered for weeks, or for months with just the cleaning cycles running but no print work. A lot of shops may close for a couple of weeks over Christmas or holiday times, so the printers are fine for this.