• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN20 setup help!

Luke A.

I found a good deal on a used BN20 that was still in the original manufacturer packaging and had never been opened or setup. These things are backordered a few months right now and I have a small job at my retail shop that made sense to buy a machine instead of outsource. I am brand new to this, as this type of business is not something we typically do.
I realize now I have made a mistake setting the machine up and think that may be the cause of my issues. I selected the Sol Max3 ink in the setup as the ink I would be using, but I am using the Sol Max ink. The part number included a "3" and I got confused during the initial setup. I realize now that I am using the 'standard' ink and not the Sol Max3. Now there is no way to go back and change that initial setup option. I did not realize I had made that mistake until I completed the initial cleaning process and inserted the ink cartridges. The machine is just flashing and beeping non-stop and the magenta and black cartridges are reading empty while the others are reading 100% full. I turned the machine off and then back on and now none of the ink cartridges are showing full, they all show 0%. It has not done the initial fill as it has not "detected" all full ink cartridges yet. Am I right in assuming my initial mess up is causing this issue?

Someone please help!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Don't know that much about BN-20 but it says in the manual that you can change the type with Service Application.
But why did you end up with Max inks instead of Max3?

Luke A.

Don't know that much about BN-20 but it says in the manual that you can change the type with Service Application.
But why did you end up with Max inks instead of Max3?

I'm completely new to this, and I wanted the metallic ink option, which I think is not available in the Max3 inks. Honestly I ordered what I saw was in stock and available.

Cosmin

I'm completely new to this, and I wanted the metallic ink option, which I think is not available in the Max3 inks. Honestly I ordered what I saw was in stock and available.
Wo
You need to call a tech fron Roland. For service mode BN 20 Roland made a special program.

Pure-Powder

I made the same mistake last week , I purchased a new old stock SG300 and when i did the install I told the printer i was using TR inks when I was using the TR2 upgraded ink set. We ended up having to go into the Setup Mode and deleting the firmware and the reinstalling . Then start from the begining again and it went thru a new reinking procedure. Wasting alot of ink that route. I had the Tech over at Stahls talk me thru it.