• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Camm-1 not tracking true

My roland 24" plotter will not track true. I cant plot a straight line for no more than 3 feet. Its 7 year old, excellent shape and has done this for the last few years now. Cleaned check rollers etc.... Any ideas???

Thanks

OldPaint

WHAT ROLAND IS IT???? you say camm-1, but is it a CM/CX-24? if so these are the machines with nylon bushings on rolling points rather then ball bearings. and you might have some worn ones.
OR...clean your pinch roller and pinch roller wheels OR replace rollers IF YOU HAVE HAD THE TENDANCE TO LEAVE ROLLER DOWN WHEN NOT IN USE. OR you not lining it up right.

hey OP,
its a cx 24, ive had it 8 years with the original rollers, nylon on ball bearings, never changed them. i guess ill try that first. thanks!!

BobM

I had a similar problem with my GX24. Roland had me clean the the drive rollers with a tooth brush. Although they appeared to be clean, the problem disappeared once I gave them a real cleaning. Good luck.