• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Cammjet CJ-500

designtcd

Hello everyone, my colleague gives me his Roland CJ500 plotter, he doesn't know anything about machines because he got that machine in exchange for his car. Well I am now wondering what software this machine uses (versaworks ....), I would jr use it only as a cutter would not use it as a saml printer to cut my foil, is that possible. Greetings and thanks in advance for the reply

FrankW

The printer was outdated long before Versaworks 1.0 was released in late 2004/early 2005. The software delivered with this printer was ColorChoice, a software which will work on Computers up to Windows XP, but was never meant to use for vinyl cutting only, and so cant be used directly for vinyl cutting. Some cutting softwares should have cutting drivers for the CJ500, I‘m shure with this with Flexi. But using this devices as a vinyl cutting plotter is not the best choice, is a compromise only.

netsol

The printer was outdated long before Versaworks 1.0 was released in late 2004/early 2005. The software delivered with this printer was ColorChoice, a software which will work on Computers up to Windows XP, but was never meant to use for vinyl cutting only, and so cant be used directly for vinyl cutting. Some cutting softwares should have cutting drivers for the CJ500, I‘m shure with this with Flexi. But using this devices as a vinyl cutting plotter is not the best choice, is a compromise only.
very true frank

as much as i am a big fan of roland, they really rough the vinyl up a bit.

we bought a gerber oddysey for wide format cutting

Terry01

If you have the parallel to usb adapter and 6 old cartridges, either download the driver or use flexi or equivalent that has the driver and you should be able to get it up and running. Don't quote me on it though.