• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CammJet CJ-60 40.5" Printer/Cutter

scooternalberta

any opinions on this machine,?
i like the price of 3000 canadian
please let me know opinions,also if the cutter is a good one,to cut alone
thanks scott:Canada 2:

JMDigital

cj-60 wont do outdoor without some sort of lamination. I think it is pigment based ink.. It cant get wet, As a cutter I dont see why it would be a bad cutter. I have the CJ500 and it cuts great.

scooternalberta

right on so basically with a stand alone lamintor it would be a good starter machine?
,the reason i asked about the cutter part is because my old ioline is about to bite the dust,and from what i hear roland always has a very good quality cutter in their print cut combos,also what kind of materialo can the cj print on regular vinyl?
excuse my ignorance but the printing thing is all new to me
sign making is only a year old to me also
thanks for your time

scott

JMDigital

It has to print on coated material. I dont know about the 60 exactly however , any media you print on will have to be coated for inkjet. Wherever you get your vinyl they may sell inkjet materials also, ink and coated material.

You CAN NOT print on regular vinyl. coated vinyl then laminated if outdoors. If you are thinking of doing color graphics on cars look into the solvent printers... I have only done a few full color car's and had to spray laminate it before installation, Its still going strong.. I did a little thing for a Drag car. nothing special but it works ,

I would like to get a solvent to do more outdoor and car wraps..