• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland color camm pnc 5000

geb

Looking for information on the above printer/plotter. I've been to roland's site, and doing a search can't find any listing or info on the printer or parts for it. I take it the color camm's are a discontinued model, but can you still buy parts for this(power cords, cables to run to computer and printer, and manuels for the printer/plotter? Drivers?

I see the ribbons are available in different places online, but need to know if I will be able to power up this unit and be able to buy replacement parts(printer heads etc.) if needed.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

George

scooternalberta

hello,
be very careful on ebay right now.there is a lot of printer/plotter auction that are crap auction ,guys just trying to get your money,i had bid on 2 of them 2 days ago ,ebay cancelled my bids and emailed me that the auctions were scams.
just thought id giveyou guys a heads up.
also my father in law was buying an atv on there last week ,everything looked ligit.i said it was to god to be true ,and he should email everything he had received so far to ebay,for reassurance it was real,they emailed back,it was all bull*h*t,
just letting you know whats happening
Scott

Jackpine

printers/cutter

I had a Roland Colorcamm 600. Worked very well and I made money with it. The cost per square foot was about $6.50 4 color using DuraCoat ribbons. Sold it and bought a Mutoh Outdoor Jr (36") . Save your money and get a better printer. I bought a repo off ebay....it was a hassle...it was damaged in shipping. I was VERY glad I got insurance to cover my cost bu not my time. # months to collect insurance. Find a good dealer.

geb

Thanks for the info everyone.

Scooter, you were right about the printer/plotters on ebay right now. I inquired about a roland pc600 to the seller, and here is the reply I got today:

HI
First I want to tell you that my roland pc 600 are brand new, unopened box
all accessories included and also an international warranty .
My price is the best you could get: 800USD(not euro), including the
shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
will be delivered from Europe.
As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money. I just open a electronics company here in europe
If i will make with you a good deal,you will recommend me ,maybe ,to your friends or to other persons.For me it is very important to have permanent deals on ebay,any negatice deal will not make good to me,That explain the price
So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Waiting your quick answer right now,
THANK YOU

The listing is no longer available, and the seller claimed to be from Michigan at first. So be careful everyone. I've bought off ebay before with good results, but this goes to show you should see what your buying first in action if you can, and buy from a qualified dealer your comfortable with. I hope in the future I will follow my own advice and not try to take the "cheaper" route to save money.

George

jeff@vinyltrix

i recently purchased a pnc 5000 off ebay for 1000$ said he bought it refurbed 4 yrs ago and never printed with it. after recieveing it and got some cartridges for it i must have lucked out because it works perfectly. now i just need to learn how to use it. I do vinyl mainly as a hobby. i need to find the icc profile for it anybody have 1 or know where to get them any help would be awsome :thankyou:

Robert M

Check with your local supply company for supplies for the PNC 5000. That is an old unit and the ribbons are on the way out.

Jeff? or anyone? I've had one (PNC 5000) sitting here for good long while...where can I find the drivers, do you know?

Can anyone tell me if this might work with Vista or should I not even try anything newer than XP?

Once I learn what I am doing, I may get a newer cutter.

Moeed Farook

Yorkshire Wrapper
Looking for information on the above printer/plotter. I've been to roland's site, and doing a search can't find any listing or info on the printer or parts for it. I take it the color camm's are a discontinued model, but can you still buy parts for this(power cords, cables to run to computer and printer, and manuels for the printer/plotter? Drivers?

I see the ribbons are available in different places online, but need to know if I will be able to power up this unit and be able to buy replacement parts(printer heads etc.) if needed.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

George
Drivers here, although you need Windows XP, maybe install it on a Virtual machine. http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/color.html#pnc5000