• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Color Rip + CS5 = wrong size?

CropMarks

Hello, I've done some searching and found no other mention of this.... I've been using Roland Color Rip 2.2 and ever since I've upgrade to the Adobe CS5 Creative Suite all jpgs that I drop into color rip come out the wrong size. example: in photoshop cs5 the jpg is 53" x 18.053" @ 150ppi --- in color rip it ends up being 55.2083" x 18.8056". The more the ppi in photoshop, the larger the INCH size in color rip ends up being. NOW..... in CS4 (or below) it never did this to me. Yes, I simple can use color rip to resize the file to what it is supposed to be, but if I forget.... I just made a print that's the wrong size. Any ideas? thank you very much for any help! mike.

CropMarks

Well, I mathematically figured out that as long as I size a picture in photoshop (cs5) at 144ppi.... it will come out at the correct size. man... this is stumping me. hmmmm......

Biker Scout

I'm currently having issues with CS5 (Illustrator) since the upgrade. Everything I drop into ColorRIP that has an item with a "White" fill prints yellowish. Totally sucks right now. If I knock out the artwork, (when possible) I get the substrate color with no off-white yellowish fill. Only happens with Illustrator files.

This is why I hate upgrading, or upgrading too soon. There's always a million bugs to work out. And some new ones I have yet to discover. :banghead:

CropMarks

Why not try upgrading your VersaWorks -- it's free current version is 4.x this might help?

Well, since I have a SJ540 proII (I converted it from a FJ540) they only use Roland Color Rip 2.2 - versaworks is not compatible with the older machines. It's a good thought though.

It's almost like something in the new jpgs (or even a tiff or eps) is making Color Rip go strictly by the "pixels" size and not the actual inch size that it has been.

thanks for the replies. :)

more hmmmmm......????

Sticky Signs

I think I just had this same problem as you. In versaworks there's a setting for EPS margin. Mine is set to 0.02. It adds that 0.02 to both sides of the print and scales it accordingly. I freaked out for a while trying to figure out why my prints where reading the wrong size. I did a test print only to find out that my sizes where bang-on. Someone here told me about the margin thing.

Biker Scout

I've noticed the shrinking/expanding file thing as well. Sometimes when I get a file from a client that is actual size, but 72 dpi, they get printed in miniature. But if I were to do the same thing, they come out the right size. Also the same thing occurs from time to time when I get the different ppi measurements. 180/240 etc...

threeputt

Pursuant to this, I'm scratching my head because sometimes, but not all times, when a file is created in my vector based program and then imported into Photoshop CS5 and some work is done on it there, the size gets changed.

It's a problem if we don't notice it and it gets sent to the RIP for printing.

Most commonly a 48"x96" sign will get changed to 46" by 93" and change.

Wierd?