• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland ColorChoice for HiFiJET FJ-52

Sjf454

We have jst purchased a 2nd hand Roland FJ-52. It never came with the ColorChoice CD and Roland no longer provide either support or the required CD for this model.
Does anyone either have a disc we can get a copy of, or point us in the right direction for compatible software.
We have just started out in this field so have very limited knowledge. I believe we require a RIP solution?
I have attached the emails from Roland regarding this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-192433_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-192433_Outlook.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20210826-192419_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-192419_Outlook.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 100

Attila Nagy

ColorChoice is the same thing as Flexi or Photoprint with limitations, and with no support. Most RIP softwares are still support FJ-52. I use to use it with PosterShop, PhotoPrint, Or PosterPrint softwares as well. ColorChoice still can be installed to Windows7 32bit computer with no issues.

FrankW

I would not invest much money to set up that printer. It is very outdated, does it print? Spare parts and service parts which needs to be replaced periodically are not available anymore. And even if a RIP-Software has drivers, it could be that there are no printer profiles compatible with current versions anymore to get usable prints.

Attila Nagy

I used to buy Printheads for £70. Now I found someone asks £900 or some refurbished for £200. My one sits on the sed for 10 years

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would not invest much money to set up that printer. It is very outdated, does it print? Spare parts and service parts which needs to be replaced periodically are not available anymore. And even if a RIP-Software has drivers, it could be that there are no printer profiles compatible with current versions anymore to get usable prints.

Totally agree. While I can still get the heads from Mutoh, if it were me, I wouldn't put too much time and money into it. The oldest machine I suggest for beginners on a budget is the Roland SP300(V/i), Mimaki JV33/CJV30, or a ValueJet 1204. The FJ52 is older than all of those.