• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland cx-300 pro

FatCat

The CX-300 is one model older and very similar to the current GX-300 that Roland sells now for around $3,000 USD. I believe the only major difference in the machine is the optical registration system. The CX-300 is a pro level machine and is a very reliable one - I own one and it's been great. Long cuts are no trouble and I've also been able to cut some very tiny letters with no trouble.

As for pricing I've seen anywhere from $1000-$2000 on ebay, just depends on the condition and accessories etc.

*I wouldn't take a penny less than $1500 for mine, and no, I'm not selling it either.:biggrin:

bigben

how can your know if the model have the optical sensor? If it does not have it, can you ad it? I want to buy one to replace my F&*$ Master cutter. But I thing I will get it used. So I want to know if the model have the optical sensor thing. Thanks!

lol... nervermind... found it on the web... GX-300, CX-300, CM-300

Last edited:

mediaman

As far as Roland's cutters, all the GX models have the optical eye for Crop Mark registration. The CX series did not have that feature.

bigben

As far as Roland's cutters, all the GX models have the optical eye for Crop Mark registration. The CX series did not have that feature.

Thanks for the answer. The one I'm looking at is the CM-300. I'm reading the owner manual right now, and it seem it have a cropmark fonction. If I understand right, It does the same job as the optical eye, but you need to do it manualy. Does this method it acurate? I will cut printed media maybe 2-3 times a month...