• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CX isn't reading pinch rollers

FatCat

Just got a problem fixed today with my new printer, now my CX-400 wants to get in on the act. I went to load some material late this afternoon and after hitting the enter button the carriage/head traveled all the way past the last pinch roller and returned to home saying "reset pinch roller". I did this numerous times and finally realized the sensor must not be reading the first or last pinch roller. (I don't know what caused it, it was working fine this morning.)

Anyone have this happen before, or might know what caused it?

FatCat

Just an update for the morning crowd. I read up on a similar problem on the SP300 & 540's and it appears to be the data ribbon/cable that runs in the track above the head. Apparantly, these things wear out and/or get dirty. I was able to clean it up a little and have been able to nurse a few jobs out this morning. I know this won't last, so will need to fix or replace this very soon.

Does anyone know where to order a replacement, and/or replaced one of these?

Call jason at allsquare.com I think there around $60 bucks you might need a card too just be safe. The part is refered to as a tool carriage ribon cable. It will take you about an hour to replace.