• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Encoder Sensor trouble

squareba

Hello, i have an SC540 which i have been messing about with to get it working but came up against a roland service call 0110 or the encoder failed message.

i have just installed a new encoder sensor, not the strip, still waiting for that coming, should i now see the position counting up in millimeters as the sensor runs along the strip, because its staying at 0.00, or could the strip still be at fault? or could there be a fuse blown that controls the encoder sensor?

any help or info would be appreciated

Alan

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
If you havent already tried, try cleaning the encoder strip with some Isopropyl Alcohol. I use a lint free cloth and moisten it with alcohol and lightly wipe my strip. Im shocked every time with how much dust and ink particles end up on the cloth.

Hello, i have an SC540 which i have been messing about with to get it working but came up against a roland service call 0110 or the encoder failed message.

i have just installed a new encoder sensor, not the strip, still waiting for that coming, should i now see the position counting up in millimeters as the sensor runs along the strip, because its staying at 0.00, or could the strip still be at fault? or could there be a fuse blown that controls the encoder sensor?

any help or info would be appreciated

Alan

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure that when you replaced the encoder sensor that it is straddling the encoder strip. It can be hard to tell if the strip popped out of the sensor because it is clear. Get a bright flashlight and double check. The encoder strip wouldn't cause this issue as the error only occurs when the motor tries to move but the encoder sensor doesn't send back any movement information. Unless the entire encoder is damaged in every location, is shouldn't be an issue.

squareba

i cant believe its not working yet

Hello, I have tried every which way I can with this now, I think the head board may be blown, or something, I have renewed the strip, and the encoder board, but still the same error, I am positive I have set up the encoder right, even looking over the top with a flashlight to make sure the encoder strip is running true in the sensor, and it looks to me like it is, but still I am getting service call 0110 when I switch her on, the menu under linear calibration is just reading 0.00mm and aint moving at all and then just comes back as "Encoder Failed" looks like I'm gonna have to call a tech in, it' just annoying that I thought I could have done it myself and saved some bucks.

Alan

squareba

ive sorted it out

I just traced back what I had done at the beginning and removed the head board again, then put it back and replaced all the cables and it worked, so now just the heads to get sorted.

Alan