• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX24 Can't Detect Solvent Print Reg Marks. Solution or Alternative Req..

wolf

Hi there I have a converted Roland FJ 50 and I use Jetbest inks.

I also own a Roland GX24 which has been brilliant. In saying this I have found this cutter struggles to find the registration marks due to the eco solvent ink which I think is related to the gloss levels. I have spent about 6 hours trying to make this all work together but the results are not consistent. Eg it may detect 1 or 2 points at times but not at all times, the cuts are out and so on. I have attempted to slightly sand the gloss off the sheet and have also added matt laminate on top of the reg marks but it has not solved the problem.

I did a quick search on the net and found others with the same issue. I also spoke with Roland Support in Australia and still can't work it out.

So this exercise unfortunately has taught me that the Roland GX 24 Optical registration system does not work well when it attempts to detect the registration settings that are printed using eco solvent inks with the way I have set up the Roland GX24.

This is not having a go at the Roland GX 24 because its been a brilliant cutter. If I print an A4 sheet with standard epson ins the reg marks are detected and are cut with no issues but its a different story when using eco solvent inks

Has anyone else encountered this issue and can you please share with me how you have resolved it?

I also found a thread that someone was using a converted cj500 with eco solvent inks which is a print and cut machine with the same issue. eg once converted it gets hard to detect the registration points.

If anyone has a solution or a an alternative cutter to purchase that will work from actual experience please reply back.

Thank You

Joe

wolf

For anyone interested I got some tips from another forum and found a solution.

The problem is the gloss levels in the ink which I suspected.

I did 2 tests and both were successful in contour cutting solvent prints with the Roland Gx 24.