• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX24 starts feeding after pressing enter button

shuv76

Hello ,, My Roland GX24 starts feeding after I press the enter button and it goes across the vinyl to measure. I have to cut power off to make it stop.
If it is unhooked from the computer it will turn on be alright until it is plugged up to computer. Any ideas? Thanks

S'N'S

Are you pressing the bottom arrow button to bring up "EDGE" first before hitting enter. Not ROLL or PIECE.

Also, what program are you using, my program allows for roll feed at the start /finish. Mine will also feed the full length of what it's going to cut first, so if I cut something 6ft it will prefeed that 6ft... but I have that turned off.

Try a design thats only 1 square ft, it should only peel off a foot of vinyl, if it keeps going there must be something in your program.

You can reset the Roland to Factory Default by scrolling thru the options.

shuv76

Are you pressing the bottom arrow button to bring up "EDGE" first before hitting enter. Not ROLL or PIECE.

Also, what program are you using, my program allows for roll feed at the start /finish. Mine will also feed the full length of what it's going to cut first, so if I cut something 6ft it will prefeed that 6ft... but I have that turned off.

Try a design thats only 1 square ft, it should only peel off a foot of vinyl, if it keeps going there must be something in your program.

You can reset the Roland to Factory Default by scrolling thru the options.

I found the factory default but cannot select it. Do you press enter?

shuv76

I found the factory default but cannot select it. Do you press enter?

I got the factory reset but it will not work still. I have to unplug the usb cable just for it to cut off. It still feeds the vinyl all the way out of the machine.

techsign33

If just with plug cable this happend Go to device and printer double click on the gx24 driver check the list if any job waiting there cancel all If using software check the production manager if there job waiting cancel it .you can try reinstall the dirver change the port if there other one available.

S'N'S

As Techsign33 said, you may have sent a long cut file and it's still sitting there waiting to cut...cancel all.
Try a test cut from the GX itself (scroll thru menu and hit enter......don't send a test from the computer....if it works ok then you have a problem in your setup in your software.
What program are using to design/cut from.
Is it the same file that it happens on, if so try a different one. Was the file made by you or sent to you, if sent to you check that there isn't something way off to the side somewhere.
You haven't added another printer lately, if so, make the GX the default printer.

shuv76

As Techsign33 said, you may have sent a long cut file and it's still sitting there waiting to cut...cancel all.
Try a test cut from the GX itself (scroll thru menu and hit enter......don't send a test from the computer....if it works ok then you have a problem in your setup in your software.
What program are using to design/cut from.
Is it the same file that it happens on, if so try a different one. Was the file made by you or sent to you, if sent to you check that there isn't something way off to the side somewhere.
You haven't added another printer lately, if so, make the GX the default printer.

Thanks for your help. That is what it was. I had a couple of files waiting. I canceled them and it worked!
Thanks again so much.