• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland is My Baby!!!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Now that the learning curve/frustration is behind me, I can honestly say I wish I had added a friction feed Roland to my equipment inventory years ago!

I've even done 2 Astro vans and a bobtail this week with the FREE inventory that came with it. And, I got about 2 or 3 more months 'til the guy who dropped it off here will be back. He told me to set it up, use it, see if it helps me any, then just tell him what it's worth to me.

Can anyone give me an opinion on a fair selling price for a barely used but OLD Roland Camm1 PNC950? I'd like to be able to show him a thread with opinions on the price range. He's really not worried about it - he just wanted it out of his storage.

Anyway, OP was right with every comment he ever made about this machine - it has made me a LOT of money this week now that I'm onto it's quirks! And I love being able to use it with my Gerber Omega software!

P.S. - keep the estimates on the low end! Don't wanna lie to him, but sure wanna make sure I get a great deal!

2NinerNiner2

Arlo - I sold my 1987 model Roland CAMM1 PNC-1000 on eBay this past February and received 360.00 for it plus 75.00 for shipping. I had a reserve bid of 300.00. Note: all prices in US dollars. Sure was sad to see it go as it had been a very reliable machine over all those years, but since getting the VersaCAMM, the only time it had been fired up was to do a test cut with the WinXP drivers before I sold it. Hope this helps with your estimate.

Cadmn

trauts I wouldn't sell mine either, unless I could get a versa cam<sp>
Laughing at arlo for finally seeing the light.did you learn how to contour cut with it ?

OldPaint

950 24" PLOTTER? i got 2 PNC-1100 older model of same machine and i give $1000 for 1 and $1100 for the other. 1st was 3-4 yrs ago and the last one was less then 2 yrs ago. way better machines then the CM/CX-24 ROLANDS.
I WANT TO TRADE UP TO A 300 OR 400 ROLAND...

THATgirl

I have a new 24" plotter but prefer to use my old Roland PNC 1000. It has been working non stop without any troubles since 1990.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

You guys are killing me here! I can't show him this thread now! I realize i went on & on about honesty & being fair - but c'mon, we all BS a little don't we?

Will somebody please start making remarks like "prob'ly only worth a few hundred"?

OldPaint

CANT DO IT...now i would say that about GEBER STUFF!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA seriouly it is worth what he can get for it...$500-$1000 IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION...what did you get reamed for the GOOBER STUFF????????? new roland cm-24/cx-24 IS NOT THE SAME MACHINE YOURE PNC-950 IS!! the PNC-950 now would be the ROLAND PRO MODEL CX-300 take a look at what it cost!!!!!
i sold my PNC-1000 2 yrs ago for $500 and it was not a 24" machine. so give him $500-600 if hes happy with that you got a deal....$7-900....its still a good price considering what a NEW CX-300 COST!!!
now all you gota do is learn to cut right from corel....and sell the GOOBER STUFF so you can be FREE AT LAST...FREE AT LAST!!!!!

Cadmn

OldPaint said:
CANT DO IT...now i would say that about GEBER STUFF!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA seriouly it is worth what he can get for it...$500-$1000 IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION...what did you get reamed for the GOOBER STUFF????????? new roland cm-24/cx-24 IS NOT THE SAME MACHINE YOURE PNC-950 IS!! the PNC-950 now would be the ROLAND PRO MODEL CX-300 take a look at what it cost!!!!!
i sold my PNC-1000 2 yrs ago for $500 and it was not a 24" machine. so give him $500-600 if hes happy with that you got a deal....$7-900....its still a good price considering what a NEW CX-300 COST!!!
now all you gota do is learn to cut right from corel....and sell the GOOBER STUFF so you can be FREE AT LAST...FREE AT LAST!!!!!
yea arlo what he said!!!!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon said:
Now that the learning curve/frustration is behind me, I can honestly say I wish I had added a friction feed Roland to my equipment inventory years ago!

Can anyone give me an opinion on a fair selling price for a barely used but OLD Roland Camm1 PNC950? I'd like to be able to show him a thread with opinions on the price range.
P.S. - keep the estimates on the low end! Don't wanna lie to him, but sure wanna make sure I get a great deal!

Well... the guy who left this plotter off awhile back stopped in yesterday while it happened to be running! He said he was glad to see I was getting some use out of it.

I asked him what he had in mind that I could pay him for it. He actually told me "just keep it, use it, and I hope it helps your business out"! I "sorta" insisted on paying SOMETHING for it, but he said he'd stop back in towards the end of the year, and if I was still happy with it I could make him an offer then.

Sure wish a Gerber dealer would stop in with a wide format flatbed printer with the same offer! Unlike "Earl", I must have some GOOD karma comin' back around!