• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland LEC540 Help

Mathew Atkin

Hi,

We have had the opportunity to purchase a used LEC 540 at a really good price. I have a few questions regarding the printer though which hopefully you guys will be able to give me the answers too.

1. How long do the UV Lamps last? Are they common to fail or are they solid and will last the machine out.
2. How easy are they to work on. Are heads and cap tops straight forward to change.
3. What is the LEC 540 like overall as there is little regarding this model online.

I would really appreciate it if someone has a service manual for the machine they would be willing to send me.

Thanks Everyone!!

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi,

We have had the opportunity to purchase a used LEC 540 at a really good price. I have a few questions regarding the printer though which hopefully you guys will be able to give me the answers too.

1. How long do the UV Lamps last? Are they common to fail or are they solid and will last the machine out.
2. How easy are they to work on. Are heads and cap tops straight forward to change.
3. What is the LEC 540 like overall as there is little regarding this model online.

I would really appreciate it if someone has a service manual for the machine they would be willing to send me.

Thanks Everyone!!
Make sure you test it in user mode as well and restart the printer to see if the present machine give out any error. The last time I test this printer in service mode it was good but the moment I re-start to user mode, it gave me an error code (can't remember the number) that has a communication error between UV lamp and print carriage board but according to the customer he pretty much changed most of the parts to get this machine running but the error code still come and go. UV lamps are expensive to replace too so be diligent. I also heard few customers having boards issue as well, if you not familiar with it bring a technician and check them out in service mode