• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland LEJ-640 UV Printer - Magenta head not printing correctly

Signs4Realtors

I have been printing coroplast signs with my Roland LEJ-640 UV printer for many years and now my Magenta color is not printing correctly. I have a Roland tech scheduled to maintenance the printer next week, but I am here on the weekend and need to do some printing. Does anyone know of an easy fix that I can attempt myself to get the Magenta ink flowing (sometimes it prints and sometimes it doesn't print at all)? I have already run the "heavy cleaning mode" a few times but it doesn't fix the problem. My new commercial warehouse that I moved into doesn't have air/heat so I think that might have something to do with the ink not flowing, but the other three heads are flowing perfectly. Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_8585.jpg
    IMG_8585.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8586.jpg
    IMG_8586.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8587.jpg
    IMG_8587.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8588.jpg
    IMG_8588.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8589.jpg
    IMG_8589.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
Syringe through the captop waste line until you no longer see bubbles.

If you do not have a proper syringe, the Walgreens ear wax removal kit fits the line.

If it’s salvageable without replacement parts, this will get you going.