• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Roland offers big discount but 3 months too late!

Ldiprinting

So I just upgraded my Roland VG-540 (4 yrs old) to the new VG3-540 in November. And how stupid was I not to have waited, I would have saved $5000 and got an extra year of warranty. $5000 is a big chunk of change! What really hurts is I just received an email from Roland sales offering me the deal with no trade in necessary, almost to rub salt in the wound. I just struggle when companies offer these sort of big discounts (20%) with no rebates for those of us who purchased the same item only a matter of weeks before. My supplier told me he is having a heck of a time with other customers who are in the same boat as I am and are really ticked off. Roland, just so you know, this has left a really bad taste in my mouth that I will not forget in a hurry!

netsol

you have my sympathy, but, this type of thing happens all the time
a friend bought a condo in an over 55 community, and, after numerous reschedulings, hovnanian dropped the $775,000 price on remaining units to $700,000
nothing to be dyone about it. a contract is a contract.

econolinesigns

Same thing for us. Bought our new printer in January. Checked with our vendor and after they contacted Roland they got back to us and said there was nothing they could do. This is our 5th Roland printer and the first disappointment we have ever had.

Come on Roland, I can understand not giving us the extra money off the new printer, but the extra year of warranty would not hurt you.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
It really hurts when you are a Roland distributor and have printers in stock....we already paid for them and now nobody wants to buy them due to the promotion, so we have to sit on the inventory until the promotion is over. On the bright side it is driving some new business, but from a cash flow and inventory perspective, it is no bueno.

IndySignPro

1) You HAVE to own an XR-640 to get the discount. 2) The issue is the XR-640 is SUCH A BEAST they won't die. Ours is 8 years old and is an absolute work horse. 3) My new VG3-640 should be here in a few weeks. Had no intentions to buy a new one, but when they are giving you a 30% discount, it's hard to say no.