• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland or Graphtec????

knucklehead

I'm fixin' to upgrade from my chinese cutter, although I can't complain about it, but I'm starting a few projects where I'll need to do some contour cutting, which is the jist of this thread. I'm looking at the Roland GX-24 vs. Graphtec CE 5000 or 7000, I figure both of these cutters will do about the same job cutting, as the other will, I'm mainly concerned with the optical/contour cutting features. Is one more user friendly, than the other? Does one actually work better than the other? I'll be printing on a 24 inch printer, then making the contour cuts with the cutter. Just seeking some opinions. Thanks Mike

knucklehead

OK, from past reading, I understand the Graphtec is a workhorse, but what about the optical sensor, and the ease of setting up a contour cut. I've seen the videos of the Roland Cut Studio making a contour cut, is the graphtec just as easy? This is the main feature I'm concerned with. Thanks

PMG

OK, from past reading, I understand the Graphtec is a workhorse, but what about the optical sensor, and the ease of setting up a contour cut. I've seen the videos of the Roland Cut Studio making a contour cut, is the graphtec just as easy? This is the main feature I'm concerned with. Thanks
simple as 123:thumb:.....i love mine and would buy it again in a heartbeat,,all i do is die cuts and contours on mine......i have the Fc7000-130

Robert M

Roland or Graphtec

The Roland GX 24 will only see two (right & left) crop marks, the Graphtec will see 4, right left, front and back. This helps on longer runs. The new 8000 series from graphtec are very nice.

We are looking for a new plotter and are going rto get the Graphtec 8000 series. We have a Roland cx-24 now & we are going to make it a back-up machine.

Lunatic Taskbar

I recently ordered a Graphtec FC8000 24inch and was called back by the dealer and was offered a great deal on a FC7000-75 30inch.

So if you do decide on the Graphtec it may be worth asking if they have any FC7000's that they want to do a great deal on.

knucklehead

Thanks for all the insight, I think it's gonna be the Graphtec, besides being several hundred dollars cheaper, it comes with the stand, which would be another three bills with the Roland. Just need to check with Graphtec, to see if the software is compatable with Corel X-4. Thanks again. Mike