• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC-12 - pros/cons of purchasing

inspiredone7

I have been thinking of buying a Roland PC-12. Aside from doing the decals, signage, etc. I want to use it to print conture cut heat transfers. Anyone have any suggestions, comments on this printer or on altenative printers/cutters that I can look into purchasing?
<!-- / message -->

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you'll find that the entire ColorCamm series is on the way out. Roland has drawn a ton of criticism over this series of print and cut systems. I would suggest looking into a used Gerber Edge system (or new if your budget allows it) or into the Roland Versacamm, Encad VinylJet, Graphtec Signjet or Mutoh Falcon Jr.
P.S. - I removed your duplicate thread in General Topics. Duplicate threads are a bad idea that only serve to confuse viewers.

Just Me

Fred Weiss said:
I think you'll find that the entire ColorCamm series is on the way out. Roland has drawn a ton of criticism over this series of print and cut systems. I would suggest looking into a used Gerber Edge system (or new if your budget allows it) or into the Roland Versacamm, Encad VinylJet, Graphtec Signjet or Mutoh Falcon Jr.
P.S. - I removed your duplicate thread in General Topics. Duplicate threads are a bad idea that only serve to confuse viewers.
hey Fred, just curious while i am not new in the sign biz i am new to digital printing why they have had a ton of criticism? Although we havn't had any time to really do much with ours yet, what we have done seems to work out good. I hear bad things about the PC-12 a lot, but no one seems to say exactly what it is about them?!?!?!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My comment was directed at the entire Colorcamm series, not specifically the PC-12.

The complaints I have read and heard fall into three areas:

1. Cost of foils per square foot is very high while speed of output is very slow.

2. Printing problems like banding and poor stitching.

3. Inadequate support for problems when reported.

bwm1959

Small Print & Cut system for mobile situation

hi fred / All

i was just look on net @ a PC 12 / 12" system just looking at this stage prices etc...
Could such a system be recomended ?
Required for, small decals,small vinyl signs/stickers
small photos maybe,etc...
Is there a small print/cut system around thats very portable and of course that works/low maintenance (whatever else for your money). regards/wayne:thankyou:

Flame

Nooooooo

Like he said. They are slow, break down a lot, cost around $8 a square foot for inks, and have almost zero tech support. They are a dying, er, excuse me, ALMOST DEAD printer that isn't worth much more than a paperweight.

Service Sign Co

Almost dead they are dead no support , banding issues they should give em away and be happy to sell the resin foils. Thermal printing is great technology, just no one is really on top of it Like Fred said