• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Permanant chips vs640 not registering.

Ben Kinsella

Hi I've just got a bulk ink system on my vs640 and have fitted the supplied permanent chips. Twin CMYK

However the cyan register as empty. I've had the cradle out and checked the contacts and all is ok the chips make contact.

I've reset the machine with sub power and even a factory reset. I've taken all other chips out and put back in different orders but still the cyan register as empty.

when I put the first cyan in for the first time I believe it registered full but then the next didn't. I took them both out but now they both dont register....

Is this a more serious fault than just getting new chips? the previous 1 time chips all worked fine.

Attachments

• IMG-20170612-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20170612-WA0009.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 169
Hey Ben Kinsella,

Bulk ink? Roland DGA America does not offer a "bulk" ink option for the VS or VSi series of printers. We do offer larger ink cartridges (440ml versus 220ml), but if you truly have a "bulk" ink system installed on the printer, we recommend that you call the company that install it and consult with them. They should be able to help you with the problem with their ink system.

However, if it turns out that you are only using original Roland cartridges (not a bulk system) and you still need support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn