• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Pinch Roller removal ?? Snap rings

decalman

The pinch Rollers arrived today, for a Roland camm 1. I can't get the old buggers off. :omg:
I bought special e snap pliers, bu t I think there too big. ( This is micro world.)
I got tweezers, screw drivers, magnify glasses, lights, etc, but no help.
Whats the trick to this ??? :doh: .. . Thanks

TheFreshPrints

Ah, jesus clips, always a pain. (Because you shout JESUS! when they finally pop off at mach 5)

I generally use two small screwdrivers to push on both sides of the clip at the same time to spread it. If that doesn't work I'll pry one end out enough to get something in the groove behind the clip and that should allow you enough leverage.

If you can, put a rag behind it so when it goes flying you can catch it. Otherwise, buy new ones to replace them, assuming that they will get lost. Ace hardware generally has a good selection of little clips like this.

These clips take patience, you'll get it!

Ragnabrok

eyeglass sized flat head screwdriver. if you are looking at the clip from the side, it is roughly a "C" shape. at the top and bottom of said C, there is a part that narrows. put the flathead in there and twist, the clip should loosen enough to pull off with tweezers.

Put vinyl in it before you start, it sucks to hunt a clip that fell into the grit rollers. Also take note of the pinch rollers, they have a taper. the new rollers are marked with a dot (black or green usually) on one side, indicating that side faces away from the center.