• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland pnc-1000 camm 1, software

11slow

Hi there,, :-]]

i'm just looking for help to get this thing going, the roland pnc 100.. i'm using corel 11, a parallel port cable,, i've down loaded my driver (d029270j,), i believe it will run stright from corel, i guess i'm looking for settings in corel maybe a manual aswell and some advice on the ports and cable, which i have switched on in the bios (lpt1),, i hope someone finds this that has some answers,,
I will continue to reads the threads here at signs 101 which is a great place.. pleased to be part of it..

Adam
notts,, UK

OldPaint

make a page in corel 20x62.99, use this as your workpage. anything you put on the page HAS To HAVE A HAIRLINE!!!
check you page LAYOUT.........make sure its landscape and what you want to cut sits on that page.....IT IS YOUR SHEET OF VINYL.....sameo........
where you position on the computer, the pnc-1000 will cut it there.
also make sure how you have the PLOTTER ORIENTATION SET.
been doin this since COREL 3!!!!!!!!!!!1

OldPaint

the old PNC-1000 had it set at 62.99 length. sign software. FLEXI/SIGNLAB/SIGNWIZARD. etc would by pass this limit. in corel you was stuck at 62.99!!!
wasnt that bad since i was used to CUTTIN FROM COREL 3 & 4, the workspace in them was only 30" x 30"!!!!!
corel didnt get a 150' x 150' workspace till version 7.

11slow

hey old paint,,
thanks loads i finally got the plotter to understand what its been told,, are there any settings to imput to the plotter because its alittle squwiff,, i think when i was playing before with it i may have altered some settings,, any ideas?? like for the plotter orientation..
i've got some good time today because the weather here in th uk is nasty for summer,, tipical uk.

OldPaint

the orientation is set on the window..........looks like this:
<-90> or <90> one you want will blink, and hit enter and it will stop blinking.
one will make it cut from vertically on the 20"x62.99" page, the other is horizontal.

7oaks

If you want to cut longer runs, you can use a bridge program like signtools3. They are worth their money if you cut items bigger than 18 inches. Paneling feature is quick, easy and accurate; as well as their outline and dropshades. Same features can be done in Corel.

Ken