• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Print Summa Cut

ShaunJohn

So I am not very good with wide format print and design but we own two Roland SG printers, one HP 700w and two Summa cutters (branded HP) and I am trying to find a solution to a problem so would really appreciate some guidance.

We currently print and cut in the Roland’s and then manually trim our jobs (all jobs are the exact same A4 layout). With the HP we are able to print with the registration marks and barcode and then cut on the summa. Then we send the same roll through the separate summa and trigger the same perfect cut job to cut out all the A4 sheets to save on manual trimming.

So to the question. I want to print and cut on the Roland but have registration marks that the summa can read and cut the A4 prints out of the roll that comes off the Roland.

I hope that makes sense and hope someone can help

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Install Summa cutter tools, inside that you can install a toolkit to Illustrator or Corel.
Then you can add those marks to your jobs and then cut the jobs with Winplot/Gosign.

ShaunJohn

Install Summa cutter tools, inside that you can install a toolkit to Illustrator or Corel.
Then you can add those marks to your jobs and then cut the jobs with Winplot/Gosign.
Thank you, when you say install Summa cutter tools is that in versaworks?