• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-540 print/cut problems

ElJay

Running Flexi 8.1 and when I send an .eps file with a cut line it won't print the print/cut marks and only prints one copy no matter how many I tell the RIP to print....Only seems to happen with files that have clipping masks.

:help

ElJay

Nope. Saved .eps as version CS. I sent 4 copies with cut marks and got one copy with none...

CS-SignSupply

Did not mean that you were wasting anyones' time. Sorry if it seemed to be implied.

I really meant, has the print/cut error been happening for a while, always, or just today?

Have you tried to send only one copy to see if it completes? Sounds like something is amiss in the RIP settings.

One other thing... is your printer connected directly to your PC or through a hub or switch?

ElJay

I'm on a lot of different boards and sadly have come to expect a bit of snarkiness as a given....My apologies.

Anyway...Printer is connected to our network via a switch. It happened last week with a different file. Only one copy, no cutter marks. It doesn't seem to like complex files with lots of text, clipping masks, overlays, etc. Only issue is with print/cut, all other print procedures fine.