• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-545 EX print colour issue

archway signs

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this your help is greatly appreciated so here it goes....
Bought a 2nd hand machine was running great then had an issue with black head one side dried up the other was fine so I changed all the cap tops that needed changing changed wiper and dampers & realized I still had same problem so I had a further look at the black damper and seen that there was no black coming into it as I was using the syringe but heard this gurgling sound at first I though it was coming from the black ink line where the line splits just before the cartridge so I replaced the Orings thinking that might solve it ( failed ) so then I figured it out cartridge was empty forgot to mention I'm on bulk ink system so when I looked in top ink reservoir it was full cartridge was just blocked, problem solved so I put machine back together and it asked to re-install inks so I went through the process started up machine done a test print heads are now fine one or two nozzles not firing but that's not a problem my problem is when I print a CMYK Block black is yellow yellow is black cyan is magenta and so on I'm running versaworks done a test print on that and its not right but when I do a test print from the machine it's fine, I did mess around in the service mode but only after all this was happening and I only messed around with ink change settings so here is the funny part somehow I managed to get it to print correctly in Dye mode when it should have been in eco solmax lc lm mode but when I POWER down software forces me to revert back to eco sol lc lm or eco sol max lc lm and prints are in reverse colour again, tried re-installing versawork ( failed ) issue still there.

I will upload some pictures and any questions you have I will answer as best as I can
Thanks again
Stephen

Attachments

• DSC_0317.jpg
    DSC_0317.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC_0316.jpg
    DSC_0316.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0315.jpg
    DSC_0315.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 304

archway signs

You don't have the correct color ink going to the proper head. Your test print should go C,M,Y,K,LM,LC.

I had a tech look at it other day and he was saying that all the inks are in the correct position ( he is also a little puzzled ) I'm just waiting on him to get back to me so I thought of this site and here I am asking for help as I urgently need to get this sorted.I think I have an old print test from when I purchased the machine I'll go root it out 1st thing in the morning and compare

Thanks for your reply

archway signs

You don't have the correct color ink going to the proper head. Your test print should go C,M,Y,K,LM,LC.
Hi
I found the very first test print from the day I received machine when it was running perfect and they match up so I reckon whoever setup the bulk system must have switched heads or lines or something like that but that's how it has always printed since I have the machine.

archway signs

system switch codes page 1 to page 12

Hi
I found the very first test print from the day I received machine when it was running perfect and they match up so I reckon whoever setup the bulk system must have switched heads or lines or something like that but that's how it has always printed since I have the machine.
Page 1: 01000000
page 2: 00000000
page 3: 01100000
page 4: 00000000
page 5: 00000000
page 6: 00000000
page 7: 00000000
page 8: 00000000
page 9: 00000000
page 10:00000100
page11:00000000
page12:00000000

I know this is not right way too many 0's
Does anyone have the correct configuration?

Thanks
Stephen

FrankW

With the 540 the test print will be KCMYLcLm, with a 545 it will be CMYKLcLm.

The Switch Pages are looking plausible.