• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sc500 ICC Profiles -Other dramas

Hey guys!

So I have a roland sc500. converted from a cj500. Using Genuine Inks. Printing on Arlon (450 series?) sticker vinyl. Using Flexisign 8 with the add on production manager and rip and print.

I have tried a few profiles and not noticing change. I had one which came with the machine something along the line of SOL(Glossy white vinyl), I've noticed on a few forums that profiles people are using start with ECOSOL(Media), I haven't been able to find this anywhere and not too sure whether it will make a difference.

My test print without profiles are immaculate, once I use this profile (and others) I am getting black contamination.
I am aware I need to change my capping station but If my pure colours are good I dont see why with the profile its going haywire.
Although when I print a design without profiles or colour correction it prints really dark.

Everything else is cleaned and I do a good run of it before I trial printing with these profiles.

I'm wondering if someone can help me down the right path before I start looking into the wrong things.

And I would also like to know what other sc500 users are using

Thanks so much! :D

SandyDAde

Hello, I also have this printer with the same issues can you tell me if you have found anything that helps. If I design something in the program it prints fine but If I try to print a image from lets say aurora graphics the color is all off I am new to this so any information you can give me would be grateful Thank you :banghead::noway:

ProPDF

Not %100 about flexi 8 but in Flexi 10 you can buy a Xrite coloring device and in flexi it shows you step by step how to make a profile with this device. Print out the color charts, scan then save to make a profile. The Xrite device can be found on ebay fairly cheap. $200-$350usd on average I think. You may want to double check but all the profiles you make in Flexi 8 may not work in 10 but I could be wrong. Great printers but you must learn how to profile yourself. You can use another profile but your heat settings may not be accurate depending on the heater used also.

Here is an example of what you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-rite-i1-P...599751?hash=item33abdb2c47:g:HJAAAOSw7R5WFUqI