• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SC540 EX Signlab 9 Printing Setup

Brick Custom

Hi all,

I just recently picked up a Roland SC-540 Pro II EX Printer and Cutter to start doing larger graphics (We're primarily a screen printing shop)

I've gotten the unit to work with the latest version of ColoRIP but I can only get Signlab to cut, not print.

I don't know a whole lot about Signlab but was told it was what the previous shop was using and they loved it. However it seems that in order to print from Signlab it needs to be a printer installed to Windows like a normal printer, is that correct? ColoRIP communicates to the printer by specifying port information for both print and cut and signlab cuts in basically the same way but I cannot figure out how to print.

Anyone have any idea what I'm dealing with? I realize all of this stuff is a bit old but it's what I got for now

woolly

think the signlab needs to be the print and cut version.
colourrip 2.2 wants to load a eps pdf jpeg.. if eps as well as vector and bitmap printing can contain the CutPath information as a named vector for cutting.
2.2 does not like the newer pdfs with some transparencies.
a sc540 pro2 can not be driven by versaworks but a 545 EX might be.