• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SG540 shadowing and banding.

Angie936

Hello, I have cleaned the encoder strip, run ALL alignments, done the cleanings etc. When I print, I have a "shadow" to the left of the letters. When I ran the media gap adjustment, there are 4....The number 1 H1 & H2 printed with the shadow, but the others did not. Also when running the calibration, I have banding in the print as well as the test print. I hope Im making sense explaining this.... I really dont want to pay $150 for travel and $200/hr for the local ROLAND Tech to come out. Can yall help?

Attachments

• gsg4.jpg
    gsg4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • gsg3.jpg
    gsg3.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 55
  • gsg.jpg
    gsg.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 61

damonCA21

From the pic you posted it doesn't look like an alignment issue, the head is being told to fire at the wrong time. You can try printing in uni directional instead of bi-direction and also print in higher quality to see if this helps. If it prints ok in uni direction then the head itself is ok and the problem is elsewhere.

First replace the cable from the head to the print carriage board. If this doesn't solve it it is probably the print carriage board failing, or possibly the servo board. The other option is the encoder sensor. Run the encoder check in service mode and see if it is working correctly.