• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Soljet Pro II SC-545 EX

motmot

Hi!

Anyone using this printer? Any reviews/experience on this one? I'm trying to look around a printer/cutter printer and i stumbled on this Roland printer. Can anyone give me an idea what materials can be printed/made in this printer (e.g. tarpaulin, vinyl, panaflex etc). Hope to get some help. Thanks!

motmot

What prints do you recommend for this printer? Is it more suitable for indoor or outdoor prints? What is the longetivity in these conditions? Any experience out there? :)

Barry

The 545EX uses the Eco-Sol Max inks which are good outdoors upto 3 years. You can print directly to vinyl, banner, fabric and many other uncoated substrates.

Honestly unless you have a really high demand for printing (Meaning your going to run this machine 8 hours a day) its a bit of overkill. The main advantage to the 545EX over the Versacamm 540V is speed. Your talking $10K extra for speed that you may not need.

motmot

Barry said:
The 545EX uses the Eco-Sol Max inks which are good outdoors upto 3 years. You can print directly to vinyl, banner, fabric and many other uncoated substrates.

Honestly unless you have a really high demand for printing (Meaning your going to run this machine 8 hours a day) its a bit of overkill. The main advantage to the 545EX over the Versacamm 540V is speed. Your talking $10K extra for speed that you may not need.

Thanks for this? How bout for indoor prints? is this good enough?

blackbok

I have been printing off of this machine for 3 weeks now. It is awesome. It's my first experience with large format printing, so I have nothing to compare it with. But, coming from all a mostly vinyl background, I'd have to say this machine is phenominal.

I was pretty bummed with the packaged software (Versaworks), but after using it for a while, it is not as bad as I thought.

OADesign

I use the earlier version (sc-540EX w/ online heater/dryer).
if you have the market to keep the thing running all day then jump right in.

i love the thing. color is grate. fast as heck. i try to print every thing. i would rather see it humming along than my graphtec. it has more than one color and a qty greater than 2 it gets printed.

great selling point. we get a 13oz gloss white banner for like .22 sq ft. ink is maybe .40 sq ft. it sells for $10-12 sq ft? and we just hem and hand off!
if you can sell digital, its WELL worth the investment.

(still wish we got a cnc machine 1st though)