• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SOLJET Pro II SC-545EX

stanakanats

Hello Everyone!

I'm hoping I can get some help here.

I own a Roland SOLJET Pro II SC-545EX. The cutter does not move up and down when doing a test print (Or any print). I have replaced the tool carriage with a new one and nothing changes. Almost as if the magnet has no power going to it? It does not mater what force I have it set at, it will not go down to cut. Could this be caused by a bad main board?

Hey stanakanats,

You indicated that "the cutter does not move up and down when doing a test print (Or any print)", so, we suspect you're actually explaining that the cutter does not activate up or down while trying to "cut".

If this is correct and the cutting solenoid does not move up or down while performing the "test cut" on the printer (don't worry about trying to cut from the computer yet), then you have a hardware failure and the printer's in need of service. The problem could be the cut carriage cable assembly, the cut carriage board itself, the servo board or even (in extremely rare cases) the solenoid.

Roland corporate encourages you to contact your regional Roland dealer to have the printer repaired.

However, if the machine cuts fine when using the test cut feature on the printer, then the printer hardware is fine. The problem is related to the file you're trying to print and cut. It's likely not configured with the CutContour spot color, and no worries, we have you covered with a training video explaining how to apply cuttng paths correctly. We have two (2) videos, one for Adobe Illustrator and the other for CorelDraw. Here are the links:

AI:
Corel:

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn