• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Soljet Pro2 SC-540 Magenta issues

ssignshop

I have just replaced the caps and dampers on my printer and the magenta is not flowing. The new parts all look fine and I pulled ink through the lines to remove as much air as I could but my magenta does not print when I tell it to and it globs out randomly inside the printer at the opposite end from the capping station. Does any one have any clue whats going on here? I'm about to drop kick this across the parking lot ( with the correct steel toe boots of course).

GTSTech_1

When you say you've pull all the ink you can...where were you pulling it from? Damper or CapTop tube? If it was from the damper, then pull some ink with the captop tube. If you can't pull ink from the captop tube, either the nozzles are clogged or the manifold screens are.

I can only assume you were having problems with the magenta, thus the new damper and captop, if captop wasn't creating a good seal for a prolong period of time, it's possible that Ink has dried on the underside of the head (This could explain the "globbing" when printing).

My .02
GTSTech_1

ssignshop

Thanks for the response -
I was pulling it from the cap tube.
I finally gave up and called in a service guy though so hopefully he will get it workin' .