• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland soljet SC-500 carriage separation error

absoluteinkuk

Hey guys

I bought a sc-500 yesterdays and spares or repairs for a very good price and thought just give it a shot maybe fix it if not break it down in parts. The seller also have me pretty much another whole parts for sc-500 to go along with it

At first when turned on and carriage was coming back to the home position it was jumping and erratic rather than smooth. After some messing around I swapped the motor and start up is nice and smooth now :)

Now it comes on says now processing and then asks for media which I do and asks me to hit SETUP and when I do I get the carriage separation error and machine switches off after a whole. When it happens the motor almost hums and will not let you move the carrriage by hand.

I have cleaned the encoder strip and also turned it around and tried another encoder sensor but I don’t know if they are any good with it being used.

I also played around the cable tension and no luck there either.

Anyone have any idea what to try next?

Thanks guys

ToTo

Professional Support
This is quite an oldtimer. Download a service manual somewhere and do the limit initialize.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you do the limit position, make sure the head is locking and not just in the home area. You have to push it to the right very slowly until it clicks and then stop. If you push too far right, it will unlock. Usually I hear the click and push it to the left to confirm it's locked before moving on. If it doesn't lock, you get errors. If you get it locked and it still fails, you might just have a bad limit sensor.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
One of the most unlikely causes could be the magnets have lost their strength and aren't able to keep together anymore. But as mentioned above, the most likely culprit is that it needs a limit initialization.