• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 encoder strip

Jim Hill

Today my new encoder strip arrived and it is not for an SP-300 but an SP-540

Question can I simply cut it down to the correct size and then make a hole in it with a drill bit or do I need to send it back?

Thanks Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can just rig it to fit but be careful, if you mess it up, I guarantee the dealer won't take it back. I would ask for a replacement to be safe especially since you purchased an OEM encoder. You can get generic encoder material and make your own for cheap so paying full price for an OEM one, you should get what you pay for.

phototec

You can just rig it to fit but be careful, if you mess it up, I guarantee the dealer won't take it back. I would ask for a replacement to be safe especially since you purchased an OEM encoder. You can get generic encoder material and make your own for cheap so paying full price for an OEM one, you should get what you pay for.

Do you sell the generic encoder material, if so what is the price?

strypguy

I used a generic one for a fraction of the cost of original and it works perfectly. I put the old one on top of the new and cut to fit. John