• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 error message carriages are discontented

Jim Hill

Printer was working perfect until this morning.

I have never run into this before any ideas of how I can fix the carriage.

Thanks Jim

strypguy

The encoder strip is the culprit most times. Try to clean it and see if that helps. On my SP540V I had disconnect and scan motor errors and so I replaced them both. Again, cleaning it may work. Are you getting any other errors? John

Jim Hill

John:

The error message I received was 0110

I will purchase a new Roland encoder strip on Monday and try that.

Jim

printhog

just clean the encoder strip with Isopropyl alcohol.. unless there was a physical strike the encoder is usually just dirty..

Jim Hill

The encoder strip on the far right side when you are standing in front of the printer looks bend out of shape.

I also noticed the encoder strip itself was not sitting correctly in the track where it should sit. Does the encoder strip just sit in the track or are the screws meant to hold there tight?

Thanks to all for their help.

Jim

printhog

have you had any material get stuck in the print area? or a head strike? or a rat get in there? the encoder is above the print area and behind the head assembly.. well protected and shouldnt come loose or get hit. the encoder module is located behind the heads, and it too can get dirty. Im concerned you describe physical damage to the encoder strip, what might have caused that?

encoder might have been knocked out of the slot.. but that shouldnt happen in regular use. the encoder itself is a small optical sensor (electric eye) that the strip runs thru without touching. the strip has tiny marks that the electric eye sees to determine position on the carriage. usually eother or both of these collect ink droplets over time and get wonky.

error code is linear encoder error. service manual is here: Roland SP-300 Service Manual Book (Page 54 of 242)