• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 reviews and opinions?

NSDdesigns

I recently bough out an older company and and transitioning it to take care of my needs. I have the SP-300 and I intend to use it to print my MX and ATV graphics and banners.

Whats everyone input?

I personally have only ever printed to it three time for various small things and have seen three different quality prints come out all on the same material??

I need to know if this is the machine that is going to work best for me and make my customers happy with the products I intend to sell.

THANKS!

guato

I do not see why not, if is in good condition you can do several different things and not just certain (I'm talking about printing and cutting or combined)!

ova

I have the same machine. It's about 7 years old. I've only had to change one black head, the encoder strip 4 times, and the cut carriage cable 3 times. Have never changed the caps, dampers, or any boards. Other than the usual like wipers, sponges, blades, etc. this machine has made me plenty of money for what it cost.

Clean it regular, listen to it when it's "sick" and only do the jobs it's made to do and it will last a long time.

If you don't have a laminator, might want to invest in one or at least a big squeege. Even though the MX and ATV stickers will need changed often, laming them will make them more durable.

Dave

trimitbyrich

I have one too. Had it for seven years now. It's been pretty much bullet proof. My next machine will only be a Roland again. I will never buy anything else.

Jim Hill

Owned now for 2 years

I purchased an SP-300 2 years ago and looking back it was a very smart thing to do.

When I purchased the machine from the original owner he changed the dampers, wipers, capping stations, and a scraper and then shipped it to me in the original box.

The cost with shipping was around $5,500 dollars and he also included four new ink cartridges and some vinyl.

For the work I do I did not need the 54" machine.

The is a great printer and the fact that it only has two heads is a plus when it comes time to change them.

Jim Hill

96XP

Great little investment. No regrets.
And I second the comment, will be a Roland the next time around as well.